Pursuant to Judge Polster’s February 4, 2020 Amended Scheduling Order, please see the link that provides the Motion for Entry of an Order Establishing a Common Benefit Fund.
Any opposition briefs must be filed with the Court by 12:00 pm Eastern on Friday, February 28, 2020. Movants shall file their reply brief by 12:00 pm Eastern on Friday March 6, 2020.
Peter H. Weinberger
Plaintiffs’ Co-Liaison Counsel
Welcome to the official website of the Negotiation Class of counties and cities certified on September 11, 2019 by the U.S. District for the Northern District of Ohio in In re National Prescription Opiate Litigation, MDL No. 2804 (N.D. Ohio).
Here you’ll find important information concerning the Negotiation Class, including
- A current list of the members of the Negotiation Class (see below).
- Answers to Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs).
- Copies of court orders and decisions.
- Copies of court-approved documents, such as the Class Notice and, if your county or city wishes not to remain in the Negotiation Class, the Exclusion Request Form (which must be submitted by no later than November 22, 2019).
- The Allocation Map for determining a county’s share of settlement funds in the event of a settlement with any of the 13 defendants, or a city’s suggested share.
- Information about how to sign up to receive alerts when important new information is posted to this website.
- Information about how to contact the court-appointed Notice Administrator for the Negotiation Class if you have questions that aren’t answered by the Class Notice that your county or city received or by this website.
- Information Concerning Purdue Bankruptcy
A comprehensive list of counties, parishes, and boroughs (collectively, “counties”), and all incorporated places, including without limitation cities, towns, townships, villages, and municipalities, as defined by the United States Census Bureau (collectively “cities”); is available below:
Important information on the Opioids-related litigation, including all pertinent Orders and Schedules, will be available on this website on an ongoing and current basis. It’s therefore recommended that you check this website periodically for important updates.